It is no secret, webmistressing is something I enjoy, LOTS. Over the years I’ve learned much by trial and error on my own websites. As a result, I’ve become quite good at a great number of website related skills and I am happy to share the knowledge with others.
I am often using my skills to help other entrepreneurs build, tweak and solidify their own web presence and I’ve also helped many friends and fellow writers with their own various sites.
If you want a manageable website of your own but don’t have the skills, time or energy to get it off the ground I am your girl! Send me a message if you are looking for help, it would be my pleasure to assist you!
Currently I am:
- Virtually assisting other business owners with scheduling, site upkeep, newsletter writing, photo editing, business strategies, e-commerce, paypal integration, overseeing social media outreach, planning events and more.
- Redesigning websites, customizing wordpress themes with CSS, HTML and graphic work.
- Updating or fine tuning wordpress blogs with plugins to improve efficiency.
- Migrating sites to the wordpress blogging platform.
I love a challenge and am always learning new things so don’t hesitate to get in touch, share your vision for your business and we can discuss some of my ideas, recommendations and thoughts on how to turn vision in to reality.
Want to reach me?
|I prefer inquires via email using the contact form below since my working hours are often outside “normal business hours”. However, you can reach me via phone, email or you can find out more about me and my skills on LinkedIn or you can use the form below (most preferred) to reach me.|
You can find me on Linkedin for more about my skills and contact info or you can use the form below to reach me.
Staring yourself a new website?
Every website requires a few basic things:
- A website domain name. This is the web address someone will type to find your website. Wondering how to choose the best domain name? Read these 12 tips. Wondering if your ideal domain is available? Search it below:
2. Website hosting. This is where your files are stored for your website. The site’s domain name and hosting location are then linked if they aren’t both from the same company.
Web design tips & tricks:
Web design plays a huge role in the accessibility and usefulness of the site. If your design is clean and easy to follow people will find what they are looking for and they will value your site.
Most of my clients typically go with a WordPress blog or e-commerce site. WordPress is a fantasticly user-friendly approach for normal people wanting to easily manage their sites. For a look at different WordPress themes and design options you can visit: http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/
I have written several resourceful articles with tips for better web design that you may find useful:
- Web design tips: Fitting all monitor resolutions- Advancing technologies have made it possible for various electronic devices to access the World Wide Web from just about anywhere. How does your site look?
- Web design tips: File naming convention- File naming will affect the quality of your website navigation and it will play a role in your placement on the search engines.
- Tips for making the most of meta tags- Did you know that meta tags are not an easy solution to boost your search engine ranking?
- Web design tips: Text tags best practices- Effective text tags play a major role in the ranking of sites. Tags are important for two major reasons: 1. Search Engine Optimization 2. Website Accessibility
More website resources include:
- File naming conventions/ website design tips
- The meanings of domain name extensions
- Blogging for business
- Make your web page fit all monitor resolutions
- Find out what people are searching for on the internet
- Prevent spam on your blog
- Tips for making the most of meta tags on your web page
- Info about bandwidth theft and hotlinking images on the web
- How blogging works and its effect on e-commerce
I am also a supporter and student of the free SEO/ Marketing classes offered @ GNC Web Creations (www.gnc-web-creations.com/seo-optimization.htm). If you are looking to learn more about how to grow your site you WILL benefit from these classes!